SOCIAL MEDIA

Vanilla cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

Thursday 7 January 2016



I really cannot take credit for this recipe (or any recipe I may be sharing here in the future) but I love baking and nothing makes me happier than watching baking videos and getting inspiration from my favourite bakers. 

So here's how I make these beautiful batch of omnomnom-ness! And it couldn't be simpler!

Ingredients:

For the vanilla cupcakes (makes 12)
  • 125 grams of self raising flour 
  • 125 grams of soft butter (I use salted)
  • 125 grams of caster sugar 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon of milk 
  • 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract

For the frosting
  • 560 grams of icing sugar 
  • 100 grams of soft butter (I use salted) 
  • 160 grams of cream cheese 
  • 4 table spoon of jam (any of your choice, the possibilities are endless!)
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius 
  2. Sift all dry ingredients and pour them into your mixing bowl 
  3. Add in your butter (make sure it's soft and squishy!)
  4. Mix with an electric mixer/standing mixer 
  5. Start with a low speed and increase gradually till everything is combined 
  6. Stop/slow mixing then add one egg at a time 
  7. Add milk and vanilla extract
  8. Mix till batter is formed. Make sure to scrap the sides and bottom if needed
  9. Line your cupcake baking tray with cucpake liners 
  10. Fill your cupcake liners with the batter till 1/2 way full. You don't have to level them - it will happen naturally in the oven.
  11. Before making the frosting, make sure all your utensils and equipment are clean
  12. Mix your butter using a stand/electric mixer till it turns pale 
  13. Add in the cream cheese, then milk then mix till combined 
  14. Stop the mixer and add in the jam and folding it slowly with a spatula
  15. Frost your cupcakes anyway you want! I used an ice cream scoop here.
Make sure your cupcakes cool before frosting. I placed my icing in the freezer for thirty minutes before frosting them. 

Fair warning tho, the icing is super duper mega ultra sweet and I honestly can't find anyway to adjust the butter to sugar ratio without affecting the sweetness and consistency, but it's aight! 

Hope you give it a try! Credits to Cupcake Jemma for the recipe! 

Post a Comment